It was some kind of night-time circus down on the seafront. I crawled under the tarpaulin with my bottle of Thunderbird and sat in the sawdust watching the show. People doing African dances in dresses made out of oversized leaves. A bloke came and sat on the floor next to me; he had that sweet smell of long unlaundered clothes, BO, and cheap tobacco. When we finished the bottle he offered me a blowjob. I think I said “no”.
October 10, 2012
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 10th, 2012 at 11:08 am and posted in New poems. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Lionel Asbo. Never mind the state of England:what about the state of this novel? It's as if Amis has been truffling in his own literary bins 8 hours ago
- Thrilling regions of thick-ribbed ice out there on my morning jog 3 days ago
- My idea of a good night out is staying in. 5 days ago
- A shower with 2 Playmobil people, a small plastic yak, and a bunch of oversized primary-coloured keys is now an established part of my day 1 week ago
- Tried to jog off the 'flu this morning, now feel like I'm trapped about halfway through La Peste by Albert Camus 1 week ago